How to Choose Right Table Mats
Using a table mat on the dining table for most of us is more of a utility factor. But, if you really think about the usage of the table mat, they can be an excellent decorative item on the dining table. The table mat is not restricted to the dining tables at home or at a restaurant. You can use the mats in your bedroom, living room, or on the corner table tops, and so on.
Using table mats not only protects the table linen and table top but also has many other advantages. Apart from being hygienic, they can brighten the look of your place without calling for excessive spending. A variety of tablemats made of different materials are available today which are not only cost effective but have an elegant look as well. Some of the varieties available in the table mat are fabric, plastic, bamboo, crochet, leather, jute, etc in the market. The mats can vary from sophisticated to whacky, ethnic to modern, and the list is endless.
It does not matter what type of table mats you choose for your dining table, always keep the theme and decoration in mind. Consider the size of the dining table, before buying a table mat. Ensure that table mats leave enough space on the table to place dishes while eating. The colour of the dining table should complement the dining mats. Dark-colour table tops should be decorated with lighter colour mats and vice versa. You can use any type of table mats for glass table tops as long as they complement the look of the room.
Following are some pointers that you can go through, before choosing a table mat.
- Consider the long term investment, (especially if you are planning to use a table mat in your restaurant) while choosing the table mat.
- Understand the cost of maintaining the mat as it may be much more than the initial price.
- While most of the table mats are available off the shelf, look for the manufacturers who can customize them for you. There is nothing like personalizing your table mats.
- Try to take some time off, when you are procuring table mats for your restaurant; it will go a long way in increasing profits as well as enhancing the appearance.
- Replace the mats at regular intervals. It will give a fresh look to your restaurant without you spending excessively on renovating. Ideally, you must replace the mats once in three months but it should never be more than a year before you buy new mats.
- It does not matter what type of mat you choose for your dining table. Always keep the theme and decoration in mind. For example, for ethnic setting, colorful table mats will be perfect and for modern and chic setting, choose simple and subtle leather or plastic designs.
- If you have children at home, try to buy waterproof and stain-resistant table mats. They are easy to wash and stay new for a longer time. These table mats are generally available in plastic, wood, metal and leather materials. There are also eco-friendly table mats made of recycled materials.
- Change your table mats often to give a fresh look to your dining room. Keep two separate sets of table mats – one for daily use and the other for special occasions.
- You can also find a variety of table mats in online shopping websites. So, try using table mats and make your dining room look chic and trendy. With so many online offerings, there is no lack of suppliers who are willing to please you.
Taurus Table Mats are one of the manufacturers who offer a high level of customisation even for small quantities. For customized table mats or place mats, send us an e-mail with your requirement. We will design it and send it to you to see how it looks before placing orders. Please note that colours seen on the computer screen may differ from the printed ones.
You can reach Taurus Table Mats for all your placemats / table mats requirement. We assure the best quality placemats delivered in the shortest time.
Contact Us :
Taurus Table Mats, 4, Mallikarjuna Temple Street, Basavanagudi, Bangalore – 560 004, India Call us at: Ph: 91 80 4150 5393, 91 97421 96770